S/P2 has added a new course written specifically to help automotive service, maintenance and light repair, collision repair, and medium/heavy-duty truck programs meet ASE accreditation requirements.
The new course is called Preparing a Vehicle for Service and Working With Customers. If you have an active S/P2 Automotive or S/P2 Heavy-Duty/Diesel account, this course has already been added to your account at no additional cost.
Help your students understand the appropriate processes, while helping your program meet the following Required Supplemental Tasks on the ASE Education Foundation (formerly NATEF) Task List:
Preparing Vehicle for Service
- Identify information needed and the service requested on a repair order.
- Identify purpose and demonstrate proper use of fender covers and mats.
- Demonstrate use of the three C’s (concern, cause, and correction).
- Review vehicle service history.
- Complete work order to include customer information, vehicle identifying information, customer concern, related service history, cause, and correction.
Preparing Vehicle for Customer
- Ensure vehicle is prepared to return to customer per school/company policy (floor mats, steering wheel cover, etc.).
Assign this course to your students today to help them understand these important topics, and make your ASE accreditation easier!